We are very grateful for this support and see it as a wonderful example of the link between government and industry to increase support for the Cradle to Cradle® concept and the growing movement towards the circular economy.
Our goals are:
1. Put in place the collection and recycling scheme in six European countries (BeNeLux, France, Germany and the UK);
2. Collect 4% of carpet waste in the contract market, amounting to 16,000 tonnes per year, where at least 50% will be processed via our recycling facility: Refinity®;
3. Recycle 50% of this material;
4. Prevent 8,000 tonnes of carpet waste from going to landfill every year;
5. Develop a business plan for the replication of this collection and recycling scheme and scale-up.
We need them to understand how this benefits society and the
environment. To help us in this task, we will cooperate with other
industry leaders involved in the carpet business to create greater
awareness for our Take Back™ programme.
For more general information regarding the Eco-Innovation project initiated by the EACI, please see here