Location: Desso's London showroom 23-25 Great Sutton
Street in Clerkenwell
The Cradle to Cradle® philosophy continues to drive European carpet tile manufacturer, Desso forward. At this year's Clerkenwell Design Week (22-24 May), the business is showcasing the thinking behind the strategy and the company's journey to combine a sustainable and successful business with stunning carpet design and innovation at its core.
Representing the company's three pillars of innovation, Desso has created a theme for each of the days during the event with a combination of hands-on workshops, presentations, activities and exclusive events - all of which take place in the newly refurbished Desso showroom, 23-25 Great Sutton Street in Clerkenwell.
The themes for the week are:
Tuesday 22 May - Creativity:
• Launch of Desso's new Patterns@Play collection
• 11:00 - 12:00 Presentation on 'Where do great ideas and inspiration come from?'
• Annemarie Piscaer, Desso's Designer, talks through the inspiration behind Desso's latest product collection including the red dot award winning 'Visions of..'range
• 13:30 - 14:30 and 15:00-16:00 'How to Draw' interactive sessions
• Drawing at Work Director, Trevor Flynn
Wednesday 23 May - Functionality:
• 11:00 - 12:00 OnOffice Panel debate: 'Should health, wellness and wellbeing be key considerations in the design process?
• Hosted by deputy editor James McLachlan with Clare Brass, Leader, Sustain Royal College of Art (RCA) and SEED Foundation; Mr Koen Van Eig, Owner and Director, BMA Nomique as well as Ludwig Cammaert, Design & Technical Development Manager at Desso
• 12:30 - 13:15 Yoga session
• 15:00 - 15:45 Yoga session
• 11:00 - 16:00 Visitor 'fuel stop' at the Showroom -recharge your batteries with a massage or a yoga session or make your own energy-boosting drink with the peddle-powered smoothie bike
Thursday 24 May - Cradle to Cradle®:
• 12:30 - 13:30 An opportunity to learn more about 'The Circular Economy' presentation by Ellen MacArthur, The Ellen MacArthur Foundation
For up-to-date information, and to register for any of the events, please click here.